Local Contracting Experts
Dickson Contractors is the number one roofing, siding, window, door and gutter service in Arlington Heights, Illinois. Local residents and commercial businesses trust us in Arlington Heights, Illinois and the surrounding area. We have worked in Arlington Heights, Illinois for over 30 years. We bring our experience, passion, and knowledgeable expertise to every job we complete! When you choose Dickson Contractors to work with, you are choosing:
- Family Owned and Operated Business
- Fast Reliable Service You Can Trust
- 5 Star Rating on Facebook
- 5 Star Rating on Google
- A+ Rating with BBB
- 5 Star Rating on Yelp
Dickson Contractors is your number one choice for roofing services and more. We offer free estimates and discounts to first responders and military veterans. Choose the right roofing, siding, gutter, window and siding service your home deserves by calling us today:
Roofing Contractors in Gurnee
There are many things that can impact the lifespan of your roof in Gurnee, Illinois. When it comes to a residential roof; roofing materials, ventilation, and weather can all . play a major factor in the roofs lifespan. There are many important things you should know about your roof and Dickson Contractors is here to help. We have been roof specialists, serving the Gurnee Illinois area since 1987! Between our years of service and local reputation Dickson Contractors is the name people trust when it comes to roofing services in Gurnee, Illinois.
Roof Repair Gurnee Illinois
One of the most important things to remember is that if your roof has 3 layers, then you have to tear off the entire roof. This roofing layer limit of two is a state law in Illinois. Therefore, if you have an older home in Gurnee, it is important to know how many times the roof has been redone. If you notice any of the following warning signs on your roof, then it is time to consider whether it is better to repair or replace your roof.
If you are under that threshold then you might be a candidate for roof repair instead of replacement. While you can always choose to repair a roof yourself, however, it is better to rely on a professional roofing repair service in your area. Dickson Contractors has been serving Gurnee, Illinois with the best roof services since 1987!
What a Repair Repair Entails: If the repair is only going to fix one problem, whereas replacement gives your home better safety, then always choose replacement every time. It is important to make sure that your family and our belongings are safe for the future. However, if it is a minor repair, that doesn’t compromise the structural integrity of your roof, then choose to repair the situation.
The timing of the project: We know the brutal winters the Gurnee area can have. Therefore the time of season should also be a point of wondering whether you should repair or replace. The best time for roof repair, replacement, or installation is March through November.
Cost v ROI: Cost of the repair might be cheaper than replacing the whole roof. However, if you are considering moving soon or if you are looking at different roofing styles than the one you currently have, a new roof is actually more affordable because a new roof is a great selling point for your future home.
Signs Your Home Needs A New Roof
If you think your roof needs repair or that your home needs roof replacement; keep your eye out for these warning signs:
- Leaks: If you notice, holes or leaks, in your roof, you should consider calling a professional roofing service to come and inspect your roof to make sure it is still safe.
- Cracked Shingles: Along with missing shingles, curling shingles, cracked shingles are just as serious a warning sign that you should consider getting a roof replacement.
- Dark Streaks: This is a sign of airborne algae that has started to grow on your roof.
- Moss: If you have a moss covered roof, even if you like the aesthetic look, you can be opening yourself up to more problems. Moss in between the shingles can actually hold moisture which in turn will actually damage the roof more.
- Bald Spots: If your roof has several bald spots, where there are missing shingles you should definitely consider getting a professional roofing service to come out and inspect your roof.
- Curled shingle edges: If you notice the edges of your shingles curling up, or if you notice the shingle tabs are cupped, then this is a good indication that you should consider getting your roof replaced.
- Age: If your roof is at least 18 years old then you should call a professional roofing service to inspect your roof immediately. After 18 years roofs start to break down and lose its ability to hold their integrity.
- Nuisance Wildlife Problem: If you have recently had any animals residing in your attic call us today! In many cases, the animal may have chewed their way in leaving a whole for another animal to find.
Regardless, if your roof needs a repair or a replacement, whether you are thinking of different materials for your roof, or you just want a general roof inspection, Dickson Contractors is here for you. Let us work with you and help you make those decisions for your home and family. To read more about the different kinds of roofing, check out our menu at the top or contact us here now to start on the roofing service you need! Feel free to visit our Showroom where samples are on display. Dickson Contractors is here to serve all of your exterior home needs!
Call Dickson Contractors Today: 847-577-8730