Local Window Contractors Prospect Heights Illinois
Dickson Contractors has been one of the premier window replacement and new window installation contractors in the Prospect Heights Illinois area for the past 30 years. Local homeowners and commercial businesses trust us in Prospect Heights for all their window needs. We bring our experience, passion, and knowledgeable expertise to every job we complete! When you choose Dickson Contractors to work with, you are choosing:
- Family Owned and Operated Business
- Fast Reliable Service You Can Trust
- 5 Star Rating on Facebook
- 5 Star Rating on Google
- A+ Rating with BBB
- 5 Star Rating on Yelp
Dickson Contractors is your number one choice for window services and more. We offer free estimates and discounts to first responders and military veterans. Choose the right roofing, siding, gutter, window and siding service your home deserves by calling us today:
New Windows Buffalo Grove
Windows are one of the most important features of any home. It is estimated that the number of windows can actually exponentially increase the sale of your home. However, there are important things to consider when it comes to considering new windows. Dickson Contractors has been helping replace windows in the Buffalo Grove area for over 30 years. We have the knowledge and the experience you need in order to make sure that your windows are installed correctly, work properly, and give you the best warranty in the business.
Different Window Materials Available for Installation in Prospect Heights
There are several different types of windows available for installation. Each material offers varying levels of security, energy efficiency and lifespan. For homes in the Prospect Heights area, we commonly install windows made of the following materials:
- Wood in aluminum interior
- Fiberglass (composite)
Your first step when deciding which windows are best for your home is by laying out exactly what type of windows you need. Determining what type of window you need is also determinate of where you are going to be installing your windows. There are 100’s of different kinds of windows you can choose from, however, here are the 9 most common:
- Bay Windows: Bay windows are designed to jut out from your home in order to give you more internal space. These windows can also come with different options like a casement window or just a stationary window.
- Picture Windows: These are large and typically picture windows do not move but are designed to be elegant and will let in the maximum amount of light into a room.
- Casement Windows: These windows usually operate by turning a crank, and they open outward.
- Awning Windows: Much like what they are named after, awning windows open outward from the left or right, top or bottom.
- Double Hung Windows: A very common type you will see where you can either open them from the top or the bottom. They stay within the framework, so there is nothing protruding from the home when they are open.
- Single Hung Windows: Also another common option among homeowners. These work like double hung windows, however on the bottom can open while the top part never moves.
- Transom Window: These small narrow windows are usually mounted above something in order to let in more light to the room.
- Slider Windows: Slider windows are becoming very popular in Prospect Heights. These windows are positioned on a track and allow you to open the window horizontally over the other glass.
No matter which type of window you need, Dickson Contractors is on hand to help you! Call us now, and we can even help you decide which window is right for you, or come into our showroom today!
Should I Repair or Replace My Window?
Dickson Contractors will always work with you in order to give you all of your available options when it comes to your windows. However, if your window is leaking, or cracked, or old and doesn’t match the house, you can have your windows repaired, or replaced. When it comes to deciding what is best for your home; ask yourself these questions:
- Is their chipped paint or wood around your windows?
- Is there dry rot around the pane?
- Are your old windows sticking?
- Are your old windows leaking?
- Is it difficult to clean your windows, and after you are done so they still look dirty?
If you answered yes more than no to these questions, then it is time to seriously consider replacing your home’s windows.
Trust Dickson Contractors and our 30 years of experience to help you with choosing the best windows for your home today. Call us now, or visit our showroom today!