Exterior Home Repair Service in Buffalo Grove
For over 30 years, Dickson Contractors has been serving homeowers throughout Buffalo Grove, Illinois with the best roofing, siding, doors, gutters, and window services. Whether it is repairing, installing, or replacing we have the expertiese and reputation to help. We have worked hard to become a trusted resource for exterior home services in Buffalo Grove, and we are looking forward to serving Buffalo Grove for the next 30! Dickson is more than just a service you can rely on to get the job done. We are constantly striving to be a trusted resource you can trust for all your window, siding, exterior doors, roofing and gutter needs. That is why we have decided to make an entire resource web area for people living and running a business in Buffalo Grove so they have a resource to turn to when it comes to their home or business. We have the trusted experts and contractors you can trust to make sure that your home or business is taken care of properly, the first time – every time. When you choose to work with Dickson Contractors you are choosing to work with the best in the area and are relying on:
- 5 Star Rating on Google
- 5 Star Rating on Facebook
- A+ Rating with BBB
- Fast Reliable Service You Can Trust
- 5 Star Rating on Yelp
- Family Owned and Operated Business
Call us now and let us help you with whatever you need. Read through some of the informative articles and information we have added so you know more about home’s exterior. Let us work with you to get you the best options, the best price, and the best service in Buffalo Grove! Call today:
Roofing Buffalo Grove
The most important part of any home or business in Buffalo Grove is the roof. When the roof is cracked, damaged, or broken, water and other things can get into the roof and really damage your home or business. Dickson Contractors have been the roofing experts in BUffalo Grove for the last 30 years! We know roofing and we know how to make sure your roof is protecting your home, family, or business in the area from the weather in Buffalo Grove. You can delve deeper into roofing from the article below however to give you a brief overview of what to look for on your roof to give you signs that it might need to be repaired or replaced:
- Dark Streaks: This is a sign of airborne algae that has started to grow on your roof.
- Bald Spots: If your roof has several bald spots, where there are missing shingles you should definitely consider getting a professional roofing service to come out and inspect your roof.
- Cracked Shingles: Along with missing shingles, curling shingles, cracked shingles are just as serious a warning sign that you should consider getting a roof replacement.
- Leaks: If you notice, holes or leaks, in your roof, you should consider calling a professional roofing service to come and inspect your roof to make sure it is still safe.
- Age: If your roof is at least 18 years old then you should call a professional roofing service to inspect your roof immediately. After 18 years roofs start to break down and lose its ability to hold their integrity.
Read more about roofing including types, advantages and disadvantages, and tips on how to make your roof last longer below!
Windows Buffalo Grove
Dickson Contractors has been serving Buffalo Grove with the best window services for over 30 years! However, one of the problems we always see is cracked windows that have gone on too long and cannot be saved. If you have a crack in your window there are several reasons to get repaired or replaced as soon as you can:
- Insects – Windows keep more than the elements out. Insects have a bad habit of finding small holes to get into your home, and a crack in your window can be a great way for small insects like ants, spiders, and others inside.
- Water – Even if the seal around your window is not the best, water still runs down to the base of your window where it is designed to handle it. Cracks mean that there is another way for water to go, and that way can lead it to where the window was not designed to handle water.
- Dirt – Pollen, dirt and other particles floating in the air outside are often small enough to make it through a crack in your window. This means a lot more cleaning on your part, and dealing with allergies as well.
- Loss of Insulation – When a window cracks air can get through easily. This means that cold or hot air can pass through the crack making the room the window is colder in the winter and warmer in the summer.
You can learn more about windows below including size, types, glass types, and more!
Siding Buffalo Grove
Dickson Contractors has been serving Buffalo Grove with the best siding service for over 30 years! We are the experts in siding repair, replacement, and installation. One of the most important things we can tell you about siding is that you should never rip the siding off the home when it is coming off. Doing this can actually damage the siding more. One of the best things though is vinyl siding. You can learn more about siding below but here are some benefits to vinyl siding for your home:
- Vinyl siding is very durable, it can withstand high winds and resist heat, moisture, and cold. Never changing its appearance, even after a strong storm.
- Vinyl Siding is cheaper to own, install, and maintain over time.
- Vinyl siding does not need to be overly maintained. You never need to repaint and it can be cleaned off with water and a mild soap once a year. It will not crack or rot.
- Vinyl siding is very diverse when it comes to your choices. Vinyl siding comes in many different colors or textures that best suit the feel of your home. Vinyl can mimic the look of stone, wood, and slate. Homeowners do not have to compromise on beauty when it comes to vinyl siding.
- Wood requires upkeep not only with pain to make sure that there are no holes or cracks which will only increase over time.
Learn more about siding and how to maintain it and what to look for when it comes to siding below or come into our showroom and see more great siding options today!
Exterior Doors Buffalo Grove
Choosing the best exterior door for your home or business comes down two things, style and durability. We have been installing and replacing exterior doors in Buffalo Grove for the last 30 years! We have the knowledge and experience you can rely on when it comes to choosing the right door for your home. One of the first things you want to consider is the aesthetics of the door. For a front door, you probably want to consider a giant wood door or something that is inviting to your home. You can choose to have glass on the door with windows or the different framing options for the door as well. You also want to consider the leaks that might come from the door as well. Nothing is worse than having your heat running trying to heat a home during the winters in Buffalo Grove when your door is leaking fighting against the temperature. When it comes to choosing an exterior door for the back of your home or a garage entrance a steel door is the best option. It provides you safety and security and gives you protection from the elements during the seasons.
One of the reasons why choosing the right door is because your home’s sale time might increase because of the look of the home. With the right door on the front, your curb appeal is increased. Realtor studies have shown that having an attractive and welcoming looking in front of the house will always increase sale time and price. Therefore, choosing the right door for your home in Buffalo Grove is important. Dickson Contractors is the best in the area when it comes to putting on the right door for your home. Come choose a door in our showroom today or call us so we can take a look! Learn more about doors below including choosing style tips and more!
Gutters Buffalo Grove
Gutters are important to any home! Gutters help protect your home from flooding and water damage that can occur during a storm. We also know living in Buffalo Grove, that water can get frozen and ruin the gutter during the winter time. However, fixing and replacing gutters are a snap when there is an expert doing the job. That is why homes and businesses have been relying on Dickson Contractors to work on their gutters for the past 30 years!
Many people don’t think about why their gutters are important, they are just always there. Gutters are all about preventing damage to your home from rain and melting snow. Here are a couple of reasons why your gutters should be working properly and are well maintained:
- Gutters prevent basement flooding
- Gutters prevent your foundation from becoming cracked or damaged
- Gutters prevent paint damage and siding damage to the side of your home. This also prevents rust and other problems from forming because they move water away from the home.
- Gutters prevent landscape damage and pooling water just outside the home. This also leads to fewer insects near your home as well.
- Gutters prevent mold damage and other damage to your home walls as well
You can read more about gutters below including the right kind for your home and the best way to install them to move water away from your home. If you think your home might need gutter repair or replacement contact Dickson Contractors today and let us help!
Exterior Home Services Buffalo Grove
Delve deeper into all things for your home with helpful articles below! We have dedicated an entire section on our site to all residents and business owners in Buffalo Grove. It has been our absolute pleasure to serve Buffalo Grove, Illinois with the best window, door, siding, roofing, and gutter service for the past 30 years! We look to help you for the next 30!
If you think you need exterior home services today call us by clicking the call button below or dial: 847-577-8730
Local Window Contractors Buffalo Grove Dickson Contractors has been one of the premier window replacement and new window installation contractors in the Buffalo Grove area for the past 30 years. Local homeowners and commercial businesses trust us in Buffalo Grove,...read more
Maintaining your roof is crucial to your home’s protection from the elements and adds to its beauty. Over time, your roof will need replacement due to wear and tear or storm damage. While it’s a big project with many variables, upgrading your roof will help keep your...read more
Local Buffalo Grove Roofing Experts Dickson Contractors is the number one roofing contractor service that residents and commercial business owners trust us in Buffalo Grove, Illinois. For over 30 years, we have worked in Buffalo Grove, Illinois and look...read more
Local Buffalo Grove Gutter Experts Dickson Contractors is the number one gutter service for residents and commercial business owners trust us in Buffalo Grove, Illinois. For over 30 years, we have worked in Buffalo Grove, Illinois and look forward to...read more