There are many things that impact the life of your roof in Wheeling, Illinois ranging from; lifespan of current roofing material, to weather impacts, ventilation, and general wear and tear. There are many important things you should know about your roof and Dickson Contractors is here to help. We have been roof specialists, serving the Wheeling Illinois area since 1987! Between our years of service and local reputation Dickson Contractors is the name people trust. Have additional questions that you would like to discuss? Feel free to call us anytime 847-577-8730 or visit our nearby showroom in Arlington Heights.
Our Services include but are not limited to:
- New Roofs (most roof installations are shingled in one day!)
- Tear Offs
- Soffit & Fascia Repair/Replacement
- Roof Restoration
- Shingles Replacement
- Asphalt Roofs Replacement and Repair
- Cedar Roofs Replacement and Repair
- Cedar Shake Repair and Replacement
- Slate Roof Replacement and Repair
- Flat Roof Installations
- Ventilation Inspections
Call Dickson Contractors Today: 847-577-8730
Roof Repair Wheeling Illinois
One of the most important things to remember is that if your roof has 3 layers, then you have to tear off the entire roof. This is a state law. According to Illinois, there are only 2 layers of roofing allowed. Therefore, if you have an older home it is important to know how many times the roof has been redone. If you notice any of the warning signs on your roof, then it is time to consider whether it is better to repair or replace your roof.
If you are under that threshold then you might be a candidate for roof repair instead of replacement. While you can always choose to repair a roof yourself, however, it is better to rely on a professional roofing repair service in your area. Dickson Contractors has been serving Wheeling, IL with the best roof services since 1987!
What a Repair Repair Entails: If the repair is only going to fix one problem, whereas replacement gives your home better safety, then always choose replacement every time. It is important to make sure that your family and our belongings are safe for the future. However, if it is a minor repair, that doesn’t compromise the structural integrity of your roof, then choose to repair the situation.
The timing of the project: We know the brutal winters the Wheeling Illinois area can have. Therefore the time of season should also be a point of wondering whether you should repair or replace. The best time for roof repair, replacement, or installation is March through November.
Cost v ROI: Cost of the repair might be cheaper than replacing the whole roof. However, if you are considering moving soon or if you are looking at different roofing styles than the one you currently have, a new roof is actually more affordable because a new roof is a great selling point for your future home.
Signs Your Home Needs A New Roof
If you think your roof needs repair or that your home needs roof replacement; keep your eye out for these warning signs:
- Leaks: In the event you are experiencing leaks, water spots, or visible holes call us right away. Our roofing experts will come and inspect your roof to make sure it is still safe. We will also be available to address the issue and provide a repair that day in many instances.
- Cracked Shingles: Along with missing shingles, curling shingles, cracked shingles are just as serious a warning sign that you should consider getting a roof replacement.
- Dark Streaks: This is a sign of airborne algae that has started to grow on your roof.
- Moss: If you have a moss covered roof, even if you like the aesthetic look, you can be opening yourself up to more problems. Moss in between the shingles can actually hold moisture which in turn will actually damage the roof more.
- Bald Spots: If your roof has several bald spots, where there are missing shingles you should definitely consider getting a professional roofing service to come out and inspect your roof.
- Curled shingle edges: If you notice the edges of your shingles curling up, or if you notice the shingle tabs are cupped, then this is a good indication that you should consider getting your roof replaced.
- Age: If your roof is at least 18 years old then you should call a professional roofing service to inspect your roof immediately. After 18 years roofs start to break down and lose its ability to hold their integrity.
- Nuisance Wildlife Problem: If you have recently had any animals residing in your attic call us today! In many cases, the animal may have chewed their way in leaving a whole for another animal to find.
- Energy Loss: much of a home’s heat and energy loss happens through the roof due to lack of insulation, ventilation or excessive condensation. Call today for a FREE in-home inspection.
Regardless, if your roof needs a repair or a replacement, whether you are thinking of different materials for your roof, or you just want a general roof inspection, Dickson Contractors is here for you. Let us work with you and help you make those decisions for your home and family. To read more about the different kinds of roofing, check out our menu at the top or contact us here now to start on the roofing service you need! Feel free to visit our Showroom where samples are on display. Dickson Contractors is here to serve all of your exterior home needs!
Call Dickson Contractors Today: 847-577-8730
GAF CARE: Sponsorship which promotes Products Made in America
GAF has won the woman’s choice award 9 out of the last 10 years.