Roofing Echo Lake
Dickson Contractors has been Echo Lakes’ roof specialists, serving the area since 1987! That is why Dickson Contractors is the name people trust when it comes to roofing services in Echo Lake, Illinois. That is why Dickson Contractors is here, to provide you with the absolute BEST in roofing services.
Does Your Home Need A New Roof?
What should you keep your eye out for, when it comes to deciding if you need a new roof for your home? Here are some things to notice that can tell you if you need a new roof, or roof repair for your home.
- Leaks: If you notice, holes or leaks, in your roof, you should consider calling a professional roofing service to come and inspect your roof to make sure it is still safe.
- Cracked Shingles: Along with missing shingles, curling shingles, cracked shingles are just as serious a warning sign that you should consider getting a roof replacement.
- Curled shingle edges: If you notice the edges of your shingles curling up, or if you notice the shingle tabs are cupped, then this is a good indication that you should consider getting your roof replaced.
- Age: If your roof is at least 18 years old then you should call a professional roofing service to inspect your roof immediately. After 18 years roofs start to break down and lose its ability to hold their integrity.
- Dark Streaks: This is a sign of airborne algae that has started to grow on your roof.
- Bald Spots: If your roof has several bald spots, where there are missing shingles you should definitely consider getting a professional roofing service to come out and inspect your roof.
- Moss: If you have a moss covered roof, even if you like the aesthetic look, you can be opening yourself up to more problems. Moss in between the shingles can actually hold moisture which in turn will actually damage the roof more.
One of the most important things to remember is that if your roof has 3 layers, then you have to tear off the entire roof. This is a state statute. According to Illinois, there are only 2 layers of roofing allowed. Therefore, if you have an older home it is important to know how many times the roof has been redone. If you notice any of the warning signs on your roof, then it is time to consider whether it is better to repair or replace your roof.
Roof Repair Echo Lake
If you are under that threshold then you might be a candidate for roof repair instead of replacement. While you can always choose to repair a roof yourself, it is better to rely on a professional roofing repair service in your area. Dickson Contractors has been serving Echo Lake, Illinois with the best roof services since 1987!
There are three things you should take into account when determining if you should repair or replace your roof:
What the Repair Entails: If the repair is only going to fix one problem, whereas replacement gives your home better safety, then always choose replacement every time. If it is a minor repair, that doesn’t compromise the structural integrity of your roof, then choose to repair the situation.
Cost v ROI: Cost of the repair might be cheaper than replacing the whole roof. Make sure you speak with a trustworthy roofing service like Dickson Contractors and they can tell you if it worth your investment into a new roof.
The timing of the project: We know the brutal winters, Echo Lake, can have. Therefore the time of season should also be a point of wondering whether you should repair or replace. The best time for roof repair, replacement, or installation is March through November.
Roofing Echo Lake
Let us work with you and help you make the best decisions for your home and family and your home’s roof. To read more about the different kinds of roofing, check out our menu at the top or contact us here now to start on the roofing service you need! Feel free to visit our Showroom where samples are on display. Dickson Contractors is here to serve all of your exterior home needs!
Call Dickson Contractors Today: 847-577-8730