Local Contracting Experts
Dickson Contractors is the number one roofing, siding, window, door and gutter service in Arlington Heights, Illinois. Local residents and commercial businesses trust us in Arlington Heights, Illinois and the surrounding area. We have worked in Arlington Heights, Illinois for over 30 years. We bring our experience, passion, and knowledgeable expertise to every job we complete! When you choose Dickson Contractors to work with, you are choosing:
- Family Owned and Operated Business
- Fast Reliable Service You Can Trust
- 5 Star Rating on Facebook
- 5 Star Rating on Google
- A+ Rating with BBB
- 5 Star Rating on Yelp
Dickson Contractors is your number one choice for roofing services and more. We offer free estimates and discounts to first responders and military veterans. Choose the right roofing, siding, gutter, window and siding service your home deserves by calling us today:
Doors Arlington Heights
Purchasing doors for your home can truly be a fun and unique experience. With so many different styles and accent features you can choose from, there are thousands of different types and options to choose from. This is where Dickson Contractors can help. Dickson Contractors has been helping people in Arlington Heights with their doors for over 30 years. Here is some useful information about doors you should consider before making your next purchase.
Type of Door
When it comes to choosing the right door for your home there a few things you should consider. Your first option depends on what kind of door style you want. After you narrow this choice down the material of the door is a lot easier to decide. There are many different door styles; these are the most common ones you will find in homes in Arlington Heights.
- Hinged Patio: These doors are on a hinge that will swing outwards to your patio or backyard. Typically they come with panels of glass as well. This is a great modern update to the sliding patio door for your home.
- Sliding Patio: These are the most common patio doors you will find in homes that are located in Arlington Heights. These doors are on a track that slides from left to right or vice versa in order to exit onto your patio or backyard area. These are often accompanied by a screen door as well.
- Entry Doors: According to real estate agents, your front entry door can actually impact what you can sell your home for. So if you have a new and updated entry door in Arlington Heights, you can command a better bottom dollar for your home then others in your neighborhood. Some additions you can add to your entry doors include leaded decorative glass and sidelights.
- Storm Doors: Meant to protect your outside doors from the elements. Since we know the temperature and weather fluctuations in Arlington Heights can vary in the fall and spring, storm doors are a great way in order to protect your outside door from those changes.
If you’re not sure which door suits your needs best, allow us to come in and help you decide! Dickson Contractors also has a showroom located in Arlington Heights that can help you with deciding what the best door is for your home!
Style of Door
Once you have decided where your door is going to be, and what type of door you are looking for you can narrow down the style of door that you want. Door style depends on functionality and material so you can make the best choice for your home:
Wood Doors: These doors are widely used, especially for entry doors and interior doors. One of the great advantages of using wood as a material for your door is that there are so many custom options available on how it looks and the different style it can be crafted to be used.
Steel Doors: These doors are sturdy and have a great advantage because they are so low maintenance. Most metal doors are truly affordable and provide a great seal from the weather outside. One of the other advantages of metal doors is they won’t wear or get damaged as other materials from the weather outside.
Fiberglass Doors: Commonly found in entryways, fiberglass doors give you the same benefit of steel doors, they are just not as tough. One of the other advantage to fiberglass doors is that they can be made to have different patterns, and grains on them so they can mimic the look of a wood door.
Flush: Used inside the home for bedrooms and bathrooms, these doors are typically solid doors with no special characterization or decoration. They are just great separate your areas in the house and can be stained or painted any style you want.
Panels: You can always make a door look more modern or give it a little something extra by adding panels to the door. There are three common configurations for panel doors: 4, 6, or 8.
Dutch: Dutch doors are divided horizontally so that you can open the top half or the bottom half without opening the entire door. These types of doors are less common in Arlington Heights but can give your home a simple charm that’s unique on your block.
French: Also known as casement doors, these are typically found inside the house or used as patio doors. French doors are typically comprised of two doors on hinges so you can open both doors at the same time. These also can upgrade your home and is a great option for separating two rooms in your home.
Regardless of what door style or makeup you are going for, Dickson Contractors is ready and on hand to help you. Whether you are looking to replace your doors, we are the most trusted resource for doors in Arlington Heights. We give your home the extra attention you need to make sure that your doors work properly and give you that custom look you are adding to your home. Call us today or come and visit our showroom to see all the different styles of doors you can choose from!